In the modern world, technology has been making our lives more convenient and requirements for IT products are also increasing to support both individuals and business. As a result, IT products keep being developed functionally and technically to fulfil our needs. However, they are becoming more and more multiform and plentiful, so choosing the right products that can serve our needs the most may not be easy, especially for those who don’t have much knowledge as well as experiences in choosing technology products. In order to avoid thinking that the more expensive products are better, before deciding on any IT products, we can consider on some of these steps for the right ones that meet our expectation, save our budgets as well as our time.
- Make clear of our requirements for what we are looking for in a product such as techniques, colour, guarantee term, prices, product conditions (100% new or used one) etc.
- Consult with the people we know who have better knowledge about the product we are looking for if there is any.
- Search on the Internet for the product’s reviews to see what other people say about them and if they have better ideas for an alternative one that may be similar but better. Reviews can usually be found in places including forums, blogs and technology websites.
- Compare the one we have in mind with the others from different brands that are similar technically.
- Look for a better price and guarantee term after deciding on the product.
- Contact suppliers to check if they have replacing policy within a certain time. For example, if we buy a product that has a problem within a week from the time we buy it, we will expect it to be replaced with another one instead of being repaired.