In this article were going to explain about how to synchronise media files and iPhone contacts between your computer and iPhone using iTunes.
1. What is iTunes:
iTunes is a media management application created by Apple, Inc., for both the Macintosh and Windows operating systems. It is used for playing, downloading, and organizing digital music and video files on desktop computers. It can also manage contents on iPod, iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad devices.
Some of iTunes features include Media Management, Files Format Support, Genius, Library Sharing, Playlists, Apps, Movies, Video Support, iTunes Store and more.
You can go to this page for a free download of iTunes: http://www.apple.com/iTunes/
- A computer with iTunes program installed.
- A USB cable to connect between your computer and your iPhone.
3. How to create a free account on iTunes for Windows PC:
- After downloading iTunes from Apple's website, double-click on the iTunes icon to run it.
- Choose the iTunes Store and your desired country in the My Store section.
- Click on the Sign In tab to create an iTunes account and then choose Create New Account.
- You will see the iTunes welcome screen. Click Continue.
- In the next screen, click on I have read and agree to the iTunes Terms and Conditions and then click Continue.
- Next, you need to fill in your information for the account as follows:
Password and Verify your password
Question and Answer
- Click Continue afterward.
- Thereafter, there are some additional information to fill out
- Credit card: click None if you only want a free account (if you do not want to make online purchases from the Apple store).
- Your personal information (home address, phone number)
- Click Continue to finish your account registration.
If you see an announcement from iTunes for Address Verification, select Done.
If you see Done Verifying Your Account, click Done.
- Go to your email inbox that you registered with iTunes to verify your account.
- Finally, sign in to your iTunes account with the logon information you created.
4. How to Copy music, images and movies from your computer to iPhone for Windows PC:
• In iTunes, open File, choose Add File to Library then choose the folder where your music is saved, select the songs that you want then click Open to copy the songs to the iTunes library.
• In iTunes, click on your iPhone name, choose Music tab, click on Sync Music, Selected Music then select the playlist you want to sync to your iPhone then click Apply.
• In iTunes, click on your iPhones name, click Photos tab.
• On your computer, open My Computer, go to your movies folder and choose the movies you want to copy to your iPhone. Right click then choose Copy.
• In your iTunes Library, you click on Movies, right click and Paste the movies.
The movies should be in MP4 or MOV format.
5. Synchronising Contacts with Windows Address Book:
- Initially, connect your iPhone with your computer through the USB cable. Start iTunes and select the Info tab. In the Contacts section, click on Sync Contacts With. Here we choose to sync the contact with the Windows Address Book. Then click on All Contacts and Apply at the bottom right of the iTunes screen.
- After your iPhone synchronizes the contacts, on your computer, click Start, chose All Program, Address book (for Windows XP), or Start, All Program, Windows Contacts (for Windows Vista and Windows 7). All the contacts are saved in there. If you want to edit a contact, double click on it.
- After editing, to backup all of the contacts on your computer, choose Files, Export then select Windows Address Book (*.wab). Afterward, choose where to save your contacts and click Save then OK.